Monday, June 6, 2016

Blog introduction

As a lifelong republican and a past PC, I have always considered myself a moderate until I moved to Gilbert.  I have discovered that my views are well aligned with most community members but not with many of our local and state elected officials.

I believe that our current state representatives, state senator, and several town council members are more concerned with pleasing a small ultraconservative audience than representing the broad viewpoints of the Gilbert community.  Our state legislators appears to be more concerned with allowing any gun, anywhere, at any time, restricting the ability of cities to govern and initiating lawsuits over every action of the Federal government than actually governing Gilbert and Arizona.

Fortunately, in this election season, we have several new candidates running for office.  I believe this provides the voters of Gilbert with a unique opportunity to elect leaders who will focus on good governance over ideology.

I am starting this blog to share my views and endorsements and to engage in a dialogue with the citizens of Gilbert.

If you are interested, please comment and check back regularly as I provide my opinion on several of the local races and candidates.

Blake


3 comments:

  1. Blake, I will be interested to read this. I have been blogging for several years about all kinds of things. I haven't written much lately--not sure why. I will send you a link to my blog and add yours to the ones I read on my page. I think you will enjoy doing this.

    Sheila Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  2. One suggestion, you may want to monitor comments before they are published. I sometimes have ones that I don't want published so I just don't allow them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake, the more I have gotten involved in this process, the more I realize how much you did to turn things around for GPS. I want to thank you for all that you did and I want to thank you for endorsing me. It means so much to me!!!

    ReplyDelete